Thank you for your interest in organizing an event or activity to benefit Young Hearts for Life® (YH4L).
Below are important guidelines that must be followed to ensure your event is approved and turns out as the success we all want it to be.
Event Branding and Promotion
- For legal reasons, YH4L many only be referred to and identified as the event beneficiary. For example, a fundraiser cannot be named Young Hearts for Life® Golf Outing, it should be titled Golf Outing benefiting Young Hearts for Life®.
- Once your event has been approved, we will provide you with the YH4L logo for your marketing materials. Materials that include the YH4L name or logo must be approved by our team prior to printing, distribution or posting online.
- If YH4L is one of several beneficiaries, the exact percentage or amount of proceeds that benefit YH4L must be clearly stated on all materials presented to the donor/participant.
- Young Hearts for Life® reserves the right to decline or withdraw as beneficiary of the event at any time if we feel there is a conflict of interest or if the event may have a negative impact on the program’s brand.
- If you are not a 501(c)(3), donations for your fundraiser are not charitable tax donations unless the donor writes a check directly payable to Young Hearts for Life®.
Managing Revenue and Expenses
- No bank accounts in the name of Young Hearts for Life® may be set up.
- The event organizer is responsible for covering all event expenses and will not be reimbursed by YH4L. If expenses are paid out of the event proceeds, they should be deducted prior to sending the donation to the program.
- All proceeds must be payable to Young Hearts for Life® and submitted to us within 60 days of your fundraiser. Do not send cash.
- Checks should be sent to:
Young Hearts for Life®
1901 S. Meyers Road, Suite 350
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181-5207
Fundraising Event Application
By submitting the fundraising event application, I understand that:
- All fundraisers held to benefit Young Hearts for Life® must be approved by YH4L prior to planning or execution of the event/activity.
- All promotional materials that include YH4L’s name and/or logo must be approved by YH4L prior to printing or distribution. I will forward a draft of all materials for review.
- Event proceeds will be submitted to Young Hearts for Life® within 60 days from the date of the event.
Click here to complete application.